Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Issues with mounted drive

I recently setup an Ubuntu server.  It was a painful experience, as I had to grudge up old commands, and search for new ones, I didn't know.  But it was a success, and supplies two web pages, here, and here.  The second page is still under construction.  Also has a few others servers, including a Samba server.

And that is where my current problems arise!  I don't remember the Ubuntu specific variable, to add to fstab.  So my 160 GB drive is literally read only (except for root).  I found a few sites, earlier today, which shows what the command should look like, but haven't had a chance to implement it.  Simply speaking, I have to add a UUID, instead of the DEV, which should link to the drive (or rather, the partition on that drive).

According to this post, I should set my entry to look something like this:

         
UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /media/newdisk vfat defaults,user,dmask=027,fmask=137 0  

Other than that, the only thing I'm missing, is an FTP, proxy, and NTP server.  I don't think I'm going to try to setup a mail server, until I can get something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment